The Iceberg Lounge
Welcome Back To The Iceberg Lounge!

Gotham Under Fire

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gotham Under Fire

Post by The Joker on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

Gotham stretched as heaven is wide, and hell is deep, across an island out to sea, connected to the mainland by suspension bridges frequently daily by traffic. A world of mismatched design, from the neon-ridden abstract areas around Gotham Square that regularly drew visitors to the city like a bright, vibrant hook, to the crumbling poverty-stricken, crime-ridden district of slums, the Narrows, that kept its inhabitants in depression and filth. The Narrows. A reclamation project had been run to make a livable habitat out of the place, like it had once been. Once. Then there was old Arkham City, almost a ghost town after becoming a prison. Prior to the criminal invasion mostly contained within the section and the Narrows itself, long ago a part of its land, Park Row, had been the glitziest segment of Gotham. Now it had just been lost to time.

Despite the major losses suffered against moral health and the city's own biggest districts it was an American diamond still carrying massive precedence over the economic balance. This was why it was important for the government and big business to try and keep it running for as long as possible, but even they knew it would have to be shut down and cleaned out piece by piece. The influx of crime had taken down half the city, and was already spreading. Only Gotham Square remained totally untouched, and even this was subject to change if the police failed to take down Two-Face. It was said half the crime in Gotham was under control by the man once called the hero of Gotham, the man who had done more in his time than Batman himself had. Now in the reverse, he was destroying it.

Dent had charisma, and he had every trick in the book as a master of public relations to keep crime in his hands; Then on the flip side he was feared for his punishments and well respected due to just how much he scared lowlifes. Despite what was said, he didn't even allow doctors to attempt to help him. He rejected his corrupt mentality purportedly being cured by medicine, or his marred looks being offered surgery, he enjoyed his life as a crime boss, and wouldn't give it up for the world.

Underneath duality there was singularity of purpose, and his was simply evil.

The government was considering just shutting everything down.

Anarky was counting on it, it took great action to inspire great change. Even so he couldn't go easy on the fact that this seemed to be consequentialism, something he was against. Something someone like Batman, a vigilante, was in favor of. And Anarky felt he was falling on his own philosophy that it was wrong to take a life, by advocating death. The Joker, the old one, was dead. This new one had usurped him, and presumably retained his memories. They were a cold blooded child murderess. And unfortunately in anarchy, there is the one who ends things, and then there is the one to continue what comes from the ashes; if he was the one to bring things into a reinvented future, then he needed someone to destroy, no matter how bitter it was.

The radical liked to think it was philosophy that he followed in terrorism for his cause, his reason to be a terrorist. He liked to think the same for Batman.

But the truth was different. Like Wayne's reason to becoming a vigilante was heritage, so was Anarky's, and without it he'd have never been a part of this. Neither of them would. It was of the parents' role in their life that they became what they were now.

Batman, his identity he had deduced from movement patterns and radio hacking, and from the Joker's obsession with pictures of Bruce Wayne, and the use of the word 'Barbara' over time had lead him to Oracle, and from these patterns he had the identities of everyone in the bat-family. And the wards and the Robins was an easy deduction. He himself wondered how the Joker possibly knew.

The Joker looked on the city from somewhere in an abandoned factory. She stood by a window. Waiting, looking out over buildings that went down to the coast, where the sun shone, reflecting against rippling waves in pools of blinding light. Her gloved hand languidly traced blood with across a pane, in the shape of smile. Then she just took her index finger away from the window.

It wouldn't be long now.
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:49 am

"I think he's alive, boss." A thug shouted back at Two-Face. "Good, we wouldn't want him dieing just yet. Bring him inside after you clear the gas out of it." Two-Face replied.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kryptonian Crusader on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:09 am

Batman stood on top of the Wayne Enterprises building; Cryptographic Sequencer in hand. He had been standing in the same spot for ten minutes attempting to hack into Anarky's radio frequency, which had been relayed from the Wayne building all the way to the Daily Planet in Metropolis. He finally closed the small device and attached it to his Utility Belt, sighing. He would have to do it the old fashioned way.

He leapt down and slid across the side of the tower, whipping out his line launcher as he did. He jumped from the edge of the building and fired a wire, attaching it to the side of an old hotel. The other side of the wire hit the relay satellite of the Wayne Enterprises tower, and Bruce flipped over the cord and crouched on it. Below him was one of the crooks that had broken out of Blackgate. Benjamin Stem. Late thirties. A member of Black Mask's gang. A wife. Three kids. His last encounter with the Dark Knight left him with three broken ribs.

Batman swooped down and caught him in the large, ominous wings of the cape.
The Kryptonian Crusader
Toyman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:02 pm

The place: The Seaside Coliseum. The time: 9:00 P.M.

This was where the criminal duo had made their home while fighting Batman for several months now. It was the old defunct bullring right on Gotham shores, alongside an outcropping of skyscrapers. Quiet, seemingly empty, a placid environment, and the open air circular space where fights had taken place was still surrounded by tiered rows of stands clustered densely around, all in all too much of a landmark for the city officials to consider coming here and demolishing the place. Within the walls of the amphitheatre were many rooms where Anarky worked from and the Joker dwelled.

The connection between the two was unclear, perhaps they shared some vestiges of a parental relationship, but the killer was no mentor to Anarky. Already, the prodigy was one of the greatest hackers, having practiced with hacking the Pentagon's databases, and he was purely autodidactic. He was working on a multitude of designs as well, getting close to proving magic was science at its most advanced. The world at large, to him, was an open book, and he was its reader.

The girl the killer had taken hostage earlier, now dubbed 'Ace', was in a chair somewhere, off in her own world. She had not spoken one word.

The killer was not here, working on something else. It wouldn't be long. The Commissioner was in a bad situation. Some strings could be pulled.

Spoiler:

Added one of those synopsis things that we had on the one prior to the reboot for if this goes on long enough, on my first post, first page. There's something wrong with links still, I'm gonna try and get Elliot to fix them.
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 am

Two-Face tied Gordon to a chair, quickly threw his coin into the air, caught it, then checked it. Bad side. "I'm not gonna ta' kill ya', but I'm going to get someone who will do much worse. Boyz, call Joker."
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:57 am

Only thirty minutes later... footsteps echoed down a hall adjacent to to that room, and Two-Face, his men, and Gordon began to hear the whispers. The GCPD had failed to bring down Two-Face, and Batman himself was nowhere to be found.

"I've been thinking lately, about us, you darling, me, and I believe we both know where all this will end."

"We need each other. We are forever."

"I'll show you."

"What will it take to make you realize it? I'll get rid of them all, so that there's just us, my black hearted angel, my Knight, my sweetheart.
I'll make you mine."

A door opened, and then the killer was inside with them. Two-Face made his way out, waving to the Joker as he and his men went. Then a gloved hand closed the door, shutting out the world. The commissioner was tied to a chair farther back in there, unable to move.

The Joker stepped towards the commissioner, holding a pink string in her left hand. She reached for something inside their dingy purple overcoat with her right, letting the balloons go. The Joker smiled, now standing over Gordon, teeth showing, even through the crimson painted scars. Those lacerations had opened, only held together by the stitches at their corners.

Balloons just hovered over them, out of place in the austere office. The Joker slowly nodded, chewing gum, walking around the chair.

"Now before fun time. I just have one question."

The Joker was still smiling.

"Happy teddy bear knees!?!?!??!?!"

Last edited by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:53 am; edited 3 times in total
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:07 am

"Who the hell are you? Some kind of imposter, who misses that sick basterd?? Or is that Quinn under that make-up???"
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:43 am

"No. No! No. I am.. the Joker." The clown said, hunched over, brow furrowed in disbelief, a knife in one hand.

"It was so easy these days to get everyone to do what I want. Take Raul Mitchel, well liked officer, age thirty nine. Five year old son. It isn't right to leave your children to walk off with strangers and balloons in playgrounds." The Joker said, wagging a finger, simultaneously cutting through the ropes keeping him tied to the chair.

"Our favorite facially disfigured D.A. already knew you'd be here. If the so called savior isn't here to help out you cops and give me what I want, it won't be long before your wife and precious little girl are in pieces, literally."

Then the Joker brought a fist down into his leg, slicing into flesh with the knife. She pulled it cleanly out, capering backwards, giggling, and brought her boot into his side, knocking him and the chair to the floor.

"Show me how strong you are, 'hero cop'!" The Joker snarled, slamming another kick into his chest.

Last edited by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 am

Gordon got up, and threw his fist at the bitch, but she grabbed it before he could hit her, and then twisted his hand, breaking it. "Arrhhh." He screamed.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:31 am

The Joker frowned at him, tightening the grip on his hand, listening to the sound that bone makes. He tried to throw another punch, but she had went under it instantly and was around and behind him.

An arm slipped around his neck, pulling in, he was losing breath, struggling, he couldn--

The Joker pulled him back, and he was forced to walk with her, trying to break the grip.

The Joker ducked down and slammed a fist into the back of his kneecap, taking out his leg.

He fell to his other knee, weight unsupported--

and then the edge of a boot cleaved into his face, breaking the cartilage in his nose soundly, letting blood loose into the air.

The Joker watched him as he crawled across the ground, choking on the fluid leaking from the attack, shifting his weight over the fallen chair, hopelessly trying to find something as a recourse of survival. But in Gotham, there was no survival anymore.

He spit up blood onto wood, and onto the decrepit grey slate of this building, the prison made even more debased by this act of violence. It was an inversion. Like a mirror image staring back at you, cops that had once stopped violence being beaten to death in their own jails, and these jails under the control of thugs and lunatics.

The woman walked over him, nodding slowly, looking straight into his eyes with an unflinching stare, simply smiling. He backed away, blood and sweat staining his plaid shirt, unable to escape, a desperate look on his wrinkled face.

Then she had pulled him up, arms around his neck, a hand holding his chin light as you'd hold a child, and another winding his hair around twitching fingers. Her face tilted towards the ceiling, eyes wide, messy tangled hair hanging down like a wet animal, as she twisted an arm around his collar bone, moving upward.

"Never forgive me."

Her arms contorted, snapping his neck.

And he was left to fall lifelessly to the floor, forever to stare at the balloons floating up into the ceiling. She stood over him, smiling down.

Last edited by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:03 am

As Gordon fell at the hands of the evil Joker, another evil villain was on the loose, Crazy Quilt. He sat in his flat sewing he's next new quilt, that he was going to wear when he was finished.

"What a [size=18]NICE quilt, I'm going to be SOhapPY WHen it's FINisheD." He said to himself with a smile.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 am

He hadn't stopped this.

Then the Joker opened the door and stepped out, into the hall. Dent was going to stick around here most likely, but she had other plans involving important people. They walked alongside, the Joker not bothering to look at him. The purple, black, red, white, and green of the killer's garish wardrobe was a contrast to his split down the center monochromatic color scheme. To Dent, nothing felt right. To Joker, it was starting to feel like the start of a beautiful new era.

"You just killed the famous Commissioner James Worthington Gordon, Joker. I'm still considering what that means." Dent said, clearly worried, flipping his coin every few steps.

"Harvey, Harvey, Harvey Dent. Seeing there is just one big boy out there on rooftops left to be corrupted, well, I'll simply dominate him, we were made for each other and that'll be it, he'll give in."

He glanced at caked on makeup and messy curls of dyed green hair. "Gordon was a friend.."

"It was your choice."

"I never had a choice," Harvey replied, more to himself, contemplating the futility of his existence, "I.. I.. I'm different than any of you, because, we both know Gotham can't be saved. But you just live to make things worse. Gordon, Batman, they're blind to how it is. They can't see it can't be saved, and they try, or in Gordon's case, tried to make things better. And they can't, they never will. But what do I do? I do nothing. I can't decide."

"You already did. And you're wrong, Dent."

He stopped walking, watching the killer go. What did that mean? He understood that Gordon's death was because of him, but what did the Joker want from this city? Most likely, the Batman couldn't stop her. He hadn't stopped this. His men didn't like the look of things, they seemed nervous, he had four of them in here as well. Thugs, one shirtless, the others wearing stolen padded SWAT armor for protection. They weren't very smart, but decent men to use for their line of work.

The city needs a hero. Someone that can do something. Dent, for a brief moment wondered if maybe he should have done something. But then he tried to keep that thought back. He was Two-Face now. A criminal. A psychopath. There was no more Harvey.

The Joker turned around with a flourish, gesturing to him jovially.

"Let's show this city Batman's true face, get every criminal here for a trial."

"A trial? Sounds fair." Two-Face said, checking his watch, "Boys, put the word out, any good fellow that calls themselves a criminal that can attend is needed in Blackgate to precede at a kangaroo court, we should pass judgement on the city's watchful protectors for the failure to preserve the life of its own."

Last edited by The Joker on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 am

All the villains got a letter, asking them to the trail, and so did Quilt. Quilt skipped to the entrance of Blackgate, the gates opened, and him and other criminals ran in with him. They all watched and waited for Harv' to show his pretty face again, and kill the cops that the letter told them about.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:53 pm

The criminals were coming, masses of them pouring through the courtyard and into the halls of Blackgate correctional facility, like a deluge of ants unhindered by the police. The GCPD had lost it, and wouldn't have the time to restructure in order to fight back against the number of criminals under the control of what had become a trio, counting Anarky. The city was soon going to be in the hands of everyone gathered here today

The Joker was inside the mock courtroom looking over the proceedings from her place behind her bench.

Dent paced along a line of bound cops, periodically catching his coin. The court's accuser in precedence. He had a Smith & Wesson M&P pistol in his right hand, another in a holster hidden in his suit. He walked past four of the officers, stopping at the fifth. The jury, including Moth, Quilt, Mr. ZZZ and other second stringers looked on.

"We are here today to talk about your failure, and the failure of the so called vigilante Batman, to stop the death of a hero of this city, a good man, Gotham City Police Commissioner James Gordon, and the punishment that you receive in today's tribunal. Starting out with Mitch, guilty as charged." Dent said with a grim look, flipping his coin.

And the silver dollar came down. The prosecutor executed the cop with a few shots.
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 am

"They should be made into nice new quilts, and wrapped around me." Crazy Quilt said.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:32 am

"This city died, the jury doesn't even need to dispense their evidence, the judge doesn't even need to judge," Harvey Dent said, pacing back and forth.

The Joker just sat up there in the background, elbows propped up on the bench, hands on chin, looking bored.

"And it stands today that there are no more heroes! Batman cowers from us, he fears us. We own the night! We're gonna run this city into the ground and he'll never stop us." Dent said, waving his goons to ready the cops.

As the goons escorted the cops by gunpoint through the room and through a doorway, Dent strode over to Crazy Quilt, placing a hand firmly on his shoulder.

"You're our number three guy, got it? We can do anything we want with this city and nobody can stop us."

The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 am

"Very nice skin you got there, Dent. And I hear you. Number three. Not number one or two. Three." Quilt replied.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 am

"Pick a place, we can do anything to it, anyone, and we're untouchable," Dent said.

"Yeah. I'll drive"

The Joker came up behind them, giving them a cold, disinterested stare. The two waited for their new buddy to pick a place to go hang out, where they would just make plans for further mayhem. Batman seemed to be doing something these days, he wouldn't bother them. The Joker really wanted him to though, she wanted to play with him for a bit, and maybe try and take off that cowl he insisted on wearing. But for now it was time to just chill somewhere and get to know each other.
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 am

The car zoomed down the street before stopping outside a nightclub. "This looks - Nasty!!" Dent said as he got out. Quilt followed in. A huge disco ball hanged over the dance floor in the middle of the place, people were dancing but not many, there were more near the bar, a lot more. "Let's lea - Stay!!" Dent walked to the bar and ordered a drink. While Quilt stepped into the middle of the dance floor. "That guy looks like he's going to have a good night out," a man said about Quilt's quilts hanging over him, wearing them like they were a jacket. Not any of them knew the quilts were maded of human skin strangely.

"Let's dance." Quilt said to himself, before jumping up in the space he was standing. As he landed, he crossed he's arms like a singer in a pop video. He then started dancing. The rest of the clubers, stood back, watching him dance. Amazed how good he was. He fell to the floor, and then spinned round in a circle on his back holding his legs in. He then leaped back up without using his hands and did a rock and roll sign. "Join in time." He said to them, and they started dancing towards. As they danced ronud him, he slowly took out a sharp U shaped knife and then spinned round, cutting the people around him. People ran out screaming as he quickly ran after them digging his knife into their backs.

"Now you'll all be in the party forever, within' thee." He said as he pulled the kinfe down a man's back, before pulling out the spin, spilling blood down the quilts he was wearing. He then pulled the skin off the man, making more cuts to take it out without ruining it too much. "My nice new quilt."
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 am

While Quilt danced with the clubbers, Two-Face and the Joker lounged around in the chairs, Joker looking tense, unsmiling, and Dent acquainted with the surroundings enough to grin every once and a while at their newfound madman's antics.

"Got any ideas on relationships Joker?"

"Yeah, uh, I got Batman."

"Sounds legit. Me, I've been looking for some poontang around here in Gotham. Nothing looks good. There anything I can do to impress the chicks? I've got good posture. I promise you, if I'm not walking around with a good dame on my arm, then I'm not Harvey Dent."

"With your face? Sure, uh. You'll need to give her loads of purple screamers, cocaine, heroin, and a fair amount of ampoule and some meth.."

Dent said nothing, hand on chin, just looking at Quilt's newest catch.

The Joker stood up, as a waiter came by carrying a tray, and stepped into her knocking it all to the ground, before grabbing her by her collar.

"Keep her lights out. Let me tell you something funny I heard." The Joker said, pressing with a knife against the woman's cheek, "He looks at him and he says, 'hold my batarang Robin', and so the other guy does-- and oh it's just Dick."

The Joker let her go without doing anything to her, and then sat back down, displeased at the fact there was no Batman to talk to.

"Where is that Batman guy, he's supposed to fight us?" Dent asked.

The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kryptonian Crusader on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 am

Batman had interrogated the small time thug, who's allegiance to Black Mask had fallen through a long time ago. Bruce had knew that Anarky was behind the escapes, but why? He stood and looked over the city, standing over an old apartment building. Something was going on in Gotham, but he just had to find out what.
The Kryptonian Crusader
Toyman

Back to top Go down

Post by arkham maniac 22 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:30 am

Spoiler:
Victor Zsasz, please.

arkham maniac 22
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:47 pm

I moved this onto the other site for storage and later use of that continium, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] it's the 6star Batman site, so you already joined but if you'd like to change your character feel free to do so, you didn't post yet
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Croc on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

Crazy Quilt walked back to Two-Face and Joker smiling and twirling once in a while, wearing the man he had killed only a minute ago, and held onto his sharp dagger tightly.

"Party fever. You've gotta love it." He told them as he sat on a chair on the table they were sat at. "Right?" He asked sounding without a clue as he sat his chin on his hand.
Croc
Phsycho-pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:02 pm

"That's right," said Dent, "Because of this we are the mob boss, I mean we as in me and Harvey, not Two-Face and the Joker, we not we are the mob boss. We have two faces. We believe in judgement."

Harvey Dent turned the coin that had been in his hand for some time now. He flipped it into the air, and then he caught it.

"I was the district attorney." Harvey said.

He turned it again, and flipped it into the air again. This time he caught it with his left hand.

"SHUT UP HARVEY I'M THE ONLY ONE INSIDE THIS HEAD!"

"You can't deny the evidence that this is inside my head," Dent said, giving a friendly look to Crazy Quilt, while tapping on his head, to demonstrate what he was talking about, "Inside our head, we exist, two minds, divided by neither and in conflict."
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top