The Iceberg Lounge
Welcome Back To The Iceberg Lounge!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Iceberg Lounge
Welcome Back To The Iceberg Lounge!
The Iceberg Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises?

3 posters

Go down

What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises? Empty What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:06 am

Christopher Nolan is now filming "The Dark Knight Rises" in the UK, and while he is doing his best to keep the story a secret, information is still leaking out.

Spoiler:

Source :Worst Previews

What could possibly have happened to poor Alfred?

Back to top Go down

What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises? Empty Re: What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises?

Post by Enigma Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:27 pm

If this is true, then I hope Alfred won't just die. Sad Maybe it's to do with Bane attacking Wayne Manor and hurting him or something. Knowing Nolan, it will probably be a large plot point in the movie (If it's true, that is).

"Why do we fall?"
"So we can learn to pick ourselves up again."
Enigma
Enigma
Killer Moth

Back to top Go down

What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises? Empty Re: What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Hahahaha
nice quote Enigma.
It fits!

Back to top Go down

Post by Smart_Alec_Mercer Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:19 am

Alfred's been a constant in the series, patriach and mentor blah de blah blah, we all know his role in the story

He may not die but he is going to be seriously injured/ sick, thats actually one of the few things that they got right in Batman and Robin,
Puting him in danger in a way directly related to the villain is both a great way to raise the stakes, and a good way to add somthing new to the Batman formula.

As much as i like Batman the characters been done to death, there is very little to be told about him that hasnt already been done, and the Alfred/Bruce dynamic has been relativly unexplored.

So yea... all in all lets see Michael Cain hurt

Edit:
In hindsight it may not be Alfred, Christopher Nolan is a smart guy and may be playing with expectations, and had that leaked on purpose?

Maybe it'll be Lucius?
hes filling a similar role in the series at the moment, except hes been chalenging Batman rather than supporting him. Yes its less likely because hes already shown exactly what Bruce's limits are and has therefore served his role in the story, and because the great Mr. Nolan won't be able to play up the aformentioned father son dynamic, which after Inception Nolan has proven that he likes. so its less likely but still possible.

Again Edit:

I am an IDIOT.

Its not Lucius or Alfred in hospital, it's Bruce. This is bane were talking about: "The only man to have broken the Bat" and you cant introduce Bane, without actually having him....

What Happens to Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises? 175px-Bane_breaks_Batman

Break the Bat...

Last edited by Smart_Alec_Mercer on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:49 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Sudden realisation)
Smart_Alec_Mercer
Smart_Alec_Mercer
The Puzzler

Location : Yes, I come from the land down under. Why do you ask?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:24 am

Nah,if you look at the topic i posted about Bane or Bruce falling from a window,the setting is supposedly a hospital.I think Bruce'll be visiting Alfred (or Lucius as you suggested) and Bane suprises him.
Not like 'HEY SUPRISE BITCHES!' but you get my jist lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rot Lop Fan Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

Im thinking Bane beats the living bajesus out of Alfred as a way to get Bruce out into the open, then attacking him.

The only question is if this happens before or after Bane finds out that bruce=batman
Rot Lop Fan
Rot Lop Fan
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down