The Iceberg Lounge
Welcome Back To The Iceberg Lounge!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Iceberg Lounge
Welcome Back To The Iceberg Lounge!
The Iceberg Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises

+2
The Joker
Craigins_BoyWonder
6 posters

Go down

*Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises Empty *Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:28 pm

The people of Gotham watched The Batman kill himself to save them, giving the people of Gotham the courage to stand up for themselves once more as they did for the 8 years leading up to then, but not under The Dent Act, under the symbol of the Batman. We then see Robin Blake enter the Batcave to start his legend as Robin.

How do you guys want to see the Nolanverse continued?
I personally would love a comic series about Robin fighting some villains we have seen Nolanised yet, as well as a huge story arc with Deathstroke, maybe an issue or two where Batman comes back (although that would kind of ruin the whole symbol thing from the end of TDKR, but a fanboy can dream)

What about you guys? Batman
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

*Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: *Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises

Post by The Joker Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't believe we will get any continuation, but I'd still like to see more characters or plots in the Nolanverse, including ones to have already appeared. Well, in Gotham Knight for instance we had Deadshot, and a couple other villains, and the possibilities of further exploration of Zsasz and Scarecrow's characters with their introductions and such. It'd be nice to see all them elsewhere again. None of them really got a conclusion, and Zsasz was pretty much underused himself.

It'd be nice to see something done with the first three in live action, and the later two to get bigger roles in something. Maybe another animated movie, or a comic adaptation as said above.

Also I particularly want to see a movie with John Blake as Batman, and only John Blake as Batman, though I doubt we ever will.
The Joker
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

*Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: *Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 am

The Joker wrote:I don't believe we will get any continuation, but I'd still like to see more characters or plots in the Nolanverse, including ones to have already appeared. Well, in Gotham Knight for instance we had Deadshot, and a couple other villains, and the possibilities of further exploration of Zsasz and Scarecrow's characters with their introductions and such. It'd be nice to see all them elsewhere again. None of them really got a conclusion, and Zsasz was pretty much underused himself.

It'd be nice to see something done with the first three in live action, and the later two to get bigger roles in something. Maybe another animated movie, or a comic adaptation as said above.

Also I particularly want to see a movie with John Blake as Batman, and only John Blake as Batman, though I doubt we ever will.

John Blake becoming Batman defeats the whole point of the movie.
Batman was a symbol for people, but that didn't mean he wanted people to become Batman. Look at the opening of TDK after the deal with the imposters and Bruce is like "Thats not what I meant when I said Batman was a symbol..." and telling Blake to wear a mask to protect others wasn't so he could become Batman but to make an identity for himself.

If Nolan wanted us to know Blake would be Batman, when the Platform rose in the Batcave the Batsuit would have to and Blake would look at the mask or something... the only thing that makes sense is Blake becoming Robin. The thing with Gordon with the Batsignal wasn't for a new Batman, i't was the way Gordon knew Bruce was still alive, and since Gordon now knows Bruce was Batman that would just make things complicated if Blake became Batman. I't would make much more sense if Robin became a solo hero like he has in the past. I't could be like Robin's story arc "Search for a hero" Where Tim Drake has to defend Gotham by himself, and Gordon even makes him a Robin signal.

So yeah, thats why Blake can't become Batman.
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 am

Craigins_BoyWonder wrote:
The Joker wrote:I don't believe we will get any continuation, but I'd still like to see more characters or plots in the Nolanverse, including ones to have already appeared. Well, in Gotham Knight for instance we had Deadshot, and a couple other villains, and the possibilities of further exploration of Zsasz and Scarecrow's characters with their introductions and such. It'd be nice to see all them elsewhere again. None of them really got a conclusion, and Zsasz was pretty much underused himself.

Batman was a symbol for people, but that didn't mean he wanted people to become Batman. Look at the opening of TDK after the deal with the imposters and Bruce is like "Thats not what I meant when I said Batman was a symbol..." and telling Blake to wear a mask to protect others wasn't so he could become Batman but to make an identity for himself.

If Nolan wanted us to know Blake would be Batman, when the Platform rose in the Batcave the Batsuit would have to and Blake would look at the mask or something... the only thing that makes sense is Blake becoming Robin. The thing with Gordon with the Batsignal wasn't for a new Batman, i't was the way Gordon knew Bruce was still alive, and since Gordon now knows Bruce was Batman that would just make things complicated if Blake became Batman. I't would make much more sense if Robin became a solo hero like he has in the past. I't could be like Robin's story arc "Search for a hero" Where Tim Drake has to defend Gotham by himself, and Gordon even makes him a Robin signal.

Maybe he wouldn't be 'Batman', but he could be his own solo hero, like Nightwing or Robin like you said, with that stuff. Basically I'd like to see a movie or a continuation where he is the hero in it, without Bale or anything, because it's an interesting prospect.
The Joker
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 am

The Joker wrote:

Maybe he wouldn't be 'Batman', but he could be his own solo hero, like Nightwing or Robin like you said, with that stuff. Basically I'd like to see a movie or a continuation where he is the hero in it, without Bale or anything, because it's an interesting prospect.

Now you're talking. I would love a Robin movie. Turns out Morgan Freeman "hinted" (used loosely) towards a possible Robin movie. I hope he's telling the truth! Smile
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 am

Batman was all about using fear and the darkness to get to his enemies, so a hero called "Robin" dressed in red and blue wouldn't be very menacing, even though Robin's his middle name. Maybe a Nightwing type hero, or a really dark interpretation of Robin (with little colour used) might be seen in a comic or short film adaptation (On the DVD?)

If there were to be comics it'd be nice to see more of The Joker and some of the other realistic villains like Black Mask, The Riddler, Harley Quinn etc.

Anne Hathaway has also said she'd love to do a Catwoman film (most probably a prequel)
Leon
Leon
Volcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:28 am

Leon wrote:Batman was all about using fear and the darkness to get to his enemies, so a hero called "Robin" dressed in red and blue wouldn't be very menacing, even though Robin's his middle name. Maybe a Nightwing type hero, or a really dark interpretation of Robin (with little colour used) might be seen in a comic or short film adaptation (On the DVD?)

If there were to be comics it'd be nice to see more of The Joker and some of the other realistic villains like Black Mask, The Riddler, Harley Quinn etc.

Anne Hathaway has also said she'd love to do a Catwoman film (most probably a prequel)

Have you ever read anything around Tim Drake? He is a dark character and as good a detective as Batman. Costume wise I would imagine it would be the same bodysuit as Batman's. I found this custom a little while ago when I found the M. Freeman interview and this is a design makes me happy as a seriously huge Robin fanboy and the general viewing audiences :

*Spoilers* The Nolanverse after The Dark Knight Rises Robin_Dark_Knight_CONCEPT_by_xXLightsourceXx

I love that design apart from the helmet with hair thing and Robin could pilot his own version of The Bat called the Red Bird (after Tim's Batmobile)
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am

The wig is really interesting... I guess because it's for disguising the case protecting his head, I dunno, I mean like if he was afraid of a brain bullet why not just wear a full on helmet, without disguising it and wasting the time for looks. That's odd to me, other than that it looks great.
The Joker
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I don't see how becoming Batman would defeat the point of the movies at all, considering that we're told from the start that Batman is a symbol, and as a result, means he can be anyone. In other words, the mantle can be passed down.

Though I highly doubt that we'll be seeing another movie from Chris Nolan. I'm not fully disregarding the possibilty but it's just really unlikely.
Enigma
Enigma
Killer Moth

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Enigma wrote:I don't see how becoming Batman would defeat the point of the movies at all, considering that we're told from the start that Batman is a symbol, and as a result, means he can be anyone. In other words, the mantle can be passed down.

Though I highly doubt that we'll be seeing another movie from Chris Nolan. I'm not fully disregarding the possibilty but it's just really unlikely.

Yes it's a symbol, but not one to be taken literally. It's not people dressing in the costume, it's what it represents. It's not exactly like Bruce actually meant for people to dress up in black spandex and a cape and fight crime! Watch the bit in TDK after Bruce is talking to Alfred after being bitten by the dogs in the opening scene and read back through my comments again.
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 am

Enigma wrote:I don't see how becoming Batman would defeat the point of the movies at all, considering that we're told from the start that Batman is a symbol, and as a result, means he can be anyone. In other words, the mantle can be passed down.

Yes it's a symbol, but not one to be taken literally. It's not people dressing in the costume, it's what it represents. It's not exactly like Bruce actually meant for people to dress up in black spandex and a cape and fight crime! Watch the bit in TDK after Bruce is talking to Alfred after being bitten by the dogs in the opening scene and read back through my comments again.
Watch the ending of TDKR and then read my comments again. Obviously Batman doesn't want amateurs using guns in his name. John Blake is fine with him.
Enigma
Enigma
Killer Moth

Back to top Go down

Post by Archie Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:09 am

Sorry Craig, but Nolan has officially stated that this is the End
Archie
Archie
Volcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 am

Enigma wrote:

Watch the ending of TDKR and then read my comments again. Obviously Batman doesn't want amateurs using guns in his name. John Blake is fine with him.

How about we just agree to disagree? It's not like we'll ever know for certain.
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 am

Archie wrote:Sorry Craig, but Nolan has officially stated that this is the End

*sigh* I know. But a fanboy can dream...
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 am

It's a fanboy's job to dream.

That said, I don't really want to see any more additions to the Nolanverse. It just wouldn't be right.
Enigma
Enigma
Killer Moth

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 am

Enigma wrote:It's a fanboy's job to dream.

That said, I don't really want to see any more additions to the Nolanverse. It just wouldn't be right.

I might be a huge Joker fan, but I don't think it'd personally be right to do anything else without him, after Dkr, in the Nolanverse.
The Joker
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kryptonian Crusader Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:40 am

The Joker wrote:

Now you're talking. I would love a Robin movie. Turns out Morgan Freeman "hinted" (used loosely) towards a possible Robin movie. I hope he's telling the truth! Smile
I don't think Gordon knows Bruce is alive. I think that it implies Blake is becoming Batman. I always took the platform rising at the end as a literal metaphor for "The Dark Knight Rises." What I always thought Nolan was doing with "John Robin Blake" was a simple nod to the comics. My reasoning for him not becoming Robin is one) If someone discovered his real name, they'd have a huge clue as to who he was, and two) I thought that TDK explained it best when it said that Bruce was looking for someone to take over his mantle. Sure, at first, he didn't mean it literally, but when he realized that he needed to make a sacrifice, he'd need a new replacement. Also, I think Blake would be Batman because all the criminals would run the streets freely knowing that Batman was dead, and I think Blake would show that Batman was more than a man, and that he will forever live on.
The Kryptonian Crusader
The Kryptonian Crusader
Toyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigins_BoyWonder Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 pm

But just imagine that.

"Hi Gotham, I know I sacrificed myself to save you and from that you where all inspired to take Gotham back and save the city yourselves but... i'm back.

Umadbros?"

I just don't think it would work.
Craigins_BoyWonder
Craigins_BoyWonder
Weather Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:00 am

Craigins_BoyWonder wrote:But just imagine that.

"Hi Gotham, I know I sacrificed myself to save you and from that you where all inspired to take Gotham back and save the city yourselves but... i'm back.

Umadbros?"

Yeah I see what you mean. I think if it continued he'd probably be Nightwing or something, personally. He'd take on the image, but he wouldn't be the Batman.
The Joker
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kryptonian Crusader Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Craigins_BoyWonder wrote:But just imagine that.

Umadbros?"

But it wouldn't just be that. It would be his dream, it would prove that Batman is more than a man. It would show the criminals that Batman's more than a man: he's an idea. And they weren't inspired by him sacrificing himself, technically. They had already defeated the mercenaries. And if you're using that argument, then him becoming any hero would defeat the purpose of them saving the city themselves.

Personally, though, I'd love to see either, but Nolan sadly won't be continuing No sad fanboy.
The Kryptonian Crusader
The Kryptonian Crusader
Toyman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Yep and I think everyone would positively love a Blake movie. Hell they could make Crane the main villain somehow, who knows? But yeah, Nolan is done.
The Joker
The Joker
The Monocle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down